So, I wanted to write something, but I don't really know what I wanted to write. I didn't want to write a review, so no new Yelp posting. I should be writing a birthday card, but I'm just not excited about that right now (sorry, J.B.).
What I did do was spend a lot of time researching... how can I get paid? I looked at job postings and my iMatchSkills account and marked some possible places to apply to later. I looked at a new site, Examiner.com, that I recently found, while looking for information on cover letter and interview tips, and thought about submitting an application to write there. Wow, getting paid to write, what an idea. So, it's not a blog, but it's not exactly a news site... looks like a lot of op-ed pieces. Interesting. So, the question that I've been circling is: what topic am I qualified to write about for money? I have some knowledge and some opinions on a lot of different topics, but definitely not anything that I'd say I'm an "expert" in or on... hmmm...
Also, on a totally unrelated note: I want to make something with squash blossoms! I think they are stalking me. At a friend's birthday dinner at Belly Timber recently we had an appetizer of squash blossoms that were stuffed with cheese (I think ricotta) and then fried. Yum! I guess you can't really go wrong with fried stuff with cheese! So, that was a couple of weekends ago. This Saturday, squash blossoms were taunting me from a pint basket at the Beaverton Farmers Market. I really wanted to buy them, but I was intimidated and afraid of trying to prepare them... although I apparently shouldn't have been because today on "Boy Meets Grill," Bobby Flay told me that I could easily stuff them with pulled pork and ricotta cheese and it would taste yummy. After more surfing on the Food Network site, I also found a tempura version with tomato sauce from Wolfgang Puck and a tortellini recipe from Mario Batali. Decisions, decisions... but maybe not the tortellini one, since the blossoms are just cut up and put into the filling; I think I'm more excited about the crispy stuffed blossoms! Now I'll just have to hope that there'll be some squash blossoms available at this coming weekend's market... well, and I'll have to hope that I don't mess up whichever recipe I choose to try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Squash blossoms sound good :) We could try the Bobby Flay thing w/kalua pig, seeing as we have a ton of that :)
ooooo. very interesting squash blossoms. let me know how that goes. how did the kalua pig go?
maybe you can be an expert on how to squashy your sisters. that goes along nicely with this blog theme.
Sad. The squash blossoms did not fair so well since we didn't come straight home after the market. Apparently they are quite delicate.
Kalua pig went great!! We had friends over and it was very much enjoyed by all. Planning to make it again soon!
Thanks for saying I'm a squashy expert... "if you can talk, you can breathe!" :P
Post a Comment