So, this season I get to be in my very own Fantasy Football league! The Sam will be glad that I'm not hanging over his shoulder or telling him to pick crazy ex-UH players. Plus, with both of us playing FF this season, we're that much more likely to have our teams actually prepared every week. (Sam hates those Thursday games.) But very best part for me is that our league is all ladies!! The naysayers said we wouldn't be able to scrape up 12 owners... but we've got 14! (^_^)
Our all-female league is having a live draft this afternoon so I'm cramming!! There is so much information out there and it is just getting more and more confusing. I suppose it is just because I don't already have a huge knowledge bank, but my head is reeling. The most helpful advice I got was from an article on ESPN.com about draft day by Matthew Berry, a.k.a. The Talented Mr. Roto, but it wasn't even practical advice. Toward the end of the article he says that it's basically all just guess work and while some people (like the people who do this for a living) definitely have a more educated guess, they are all just guessing. So, I'm beginning to let it go a little. There is no way I'm going to know everything I should know before the draft... and I don't really know that I'd have wanted to know everything. So I'm not super confident, but this is supposed to be fun, not stressful. Yes, I know I'm just a casual, fair-weather fan... and I'm okay with that! So what if most of my information came from ESPN.com's fantasy football draft kit that everyone else probably also reviewed... so what if I don't have the Sports Illustrated lists and commentary that I know at least one other owner has... so what if I don't really even know who half of the players are! I guess I'm okay with my team being not so elite... I'm guessing I know who the really elite team owners will be, and I'm just hoping to have a little fun during the season and maybe winning a match-up or two.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Is this a PPR league (points per reception) if it is you want to draft solid WR's early (A. Johnson, Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne).
You also want to stay away from old RB's like LT, Larry Johnson, Jamal Lewis.
I like to take young RB's over veteran backs.
Thanks for the helpful hints!
So, as an illustration of how little I know: I had to Google to find out that I'm in a standard league, not a PPR league. We're just in ESPN's standard free league.
I like your RB input. I hadn't really thought about youth being a factor, but with all the injury articles and updates, I should've known it was important to consider.
Since it wasn't PPR, and I was picking 6th of 14, I went with running backs early. My sister grabbed up Reggie Wayne right before my turn. :( boo.
I'll post my team later... just in case any one is wondering.
Post a Comment